Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thomas Hooker Brewing Company – More than a Mouthful Watermelon Ale

Surprisingly good and refreshing! I had a lot of doubts when opening this beer. I was expecting a Watermelon extract or Rind flavor. Instead, I got a light bodied beer with a crisp Watermelon taste. I would recommend this for sitting by the pool or at the beach. I like the label that is on the website better than the bottle I have posted.



Check this beer out. I picked it up at Total Wine on Dale Mabry. It is worth a six pack for the next time you’re hanging out on a hot day.


Here is some information that I got from the Thomas Hooker Website.



Watermelon Ale
Style: Ale
ABV: 4.8%
The light and crisp Ale has a hint of watermelon essence, which is accented with colorful hues, resulting in a very refreshing thirst quenching brew.

Our More Than A Mouthful Watermelon Ale is sure to please a variety of palates lending itself to being the perfect summer treat.
Availability: Seasonal, May 1st - August 31st
Malts: Canadian 2-Row, Carapilis, Wheat Malt
Hops: Bittering (Saaz), Flavor (Saaz, Cascade), Aroma (Saaz, Cascade)
Original Gravity: 1.048
Finishing Gravity: 1.010
IBU's: 11

No comments:

Post a Comment